Skip to content
What Kind of Kingdom? – Discussion Questions
- We know how the Gospel ends, and early audiences would have known, too. Does Mark succeed at building suspense, even if we already know the end?
- How does Mark’s Jesus characterize the Kingdom of God? Does the title “kingdom” add a different connotation today than it did in Jesus’ time?
- Jesus teaches in parables throughout this section. If you were to tell a parable that helped others understand God’s relationship with the world, what might you say?
- In the Parable of the Sower (4:1-9), do you identify with the sower or the soils? If you are the sower, what does the parable say to you? If the soil, can you imagine the soil improving itself?
- Jesus expands his definition of family to everyone who does the will of God (3:31-35), but he dismisses his mother and siblings in the mean time. What is Jesus teaching us about the nature of family?