Week 1: Introduction
Week 2: The Burning Bush
Week 3: The Plagues
Week 4: Passover
Week 5: The Crossing of the Sea
Week 6: Sinai
Week 7: The Book of the Covenant
Week 8: The Golden Calf
The Burning Bush – Additional Resources
- B. S. Childs, The Book of Exodus (Old Testament Library; Philadelphia: Westminster, 1974), 1-120.
- W. Brueggemann, “The Book of Exodus,” The New Interpreter’s Bible (Nashville: Abingdon, 1994), 690-737.
- J. J. Collins, “The Exodus and Biblical Theology,” Encounters with Biblical Theology (Minneapolis: Fortress, 2005), 67-77.
- E. Dussel, “Exodus as a Paradigm in Liberation Theology,” in Exodus: A Lasting Paradigm (ed. B. van Iersel and A. Weiler; Edinburgh: Clark, 1987), 83-92.
- G. Gutierrez, A Theology of Liberation (Maryknoll: Orbis, 1973).
- J. D. Levenson, “Exodus and Liberation,” The Hebrew Bible, The Old Testament and Historical Criticism (Louisville: Westminster, 1993), 127-59.
- M. Walzer, Exodus and Revolution (New York: Basic Books, 1985).
- J. H. Yoder, “Probing the Meaning of Liberation,” Sojourners 5/7 (1976): 26-9.
Articles: (click to view)
- “The Burning Bush” by Marc Zvi Brettler
- “Moses” by Jeffrey Stackert
- “Names of God” by Daniel O. McClellan
Sermons: (click to view)
- “Reverence and Intimacy: The Burning Bush” by The Rev. Dr. Charles Eric Funston
- “Stay tuned! God is faithful.” by The Rev. Robert Warren
- “I Will Be What I Will Be – Will You?” by The Rev. Diana L. Wilcox
Lectures: (click to view)
YDS Old Testament Interpretation, Part 1 – Lecture 15, by Robert Wilson
Art: (click to view)
Create an account to enroll in our free courses, track your progress and take part in the discussion