Skip to content
The Burning Bush – Discussion Questions
- What indications are there that different sources are combined in the Book of Exodus? Why is this important?
- Is Moses justified in killing the Egyptian?
- How does God respond to Moses’ request to know the divine name? How should
we understand the enigmatic phrase “I am who I am”?
- How important is social-economic liberation in the story of the Exodus?
- Is it legitimate to use this story as a paradigm for liberation for any people?
- How should we understand the morality of Moses killing the Egyptian in Exodus 2? How can we reconcile his actions with his role as the hero of the story?
- At the Burning Bush, God reveals God’s true name to Moses. How does what we call God shape how we understand or imagine God?