Week 1: Introduction
Week 2: The Burning Bush
Week 3: The Plagues
Week 4: Passover
Week 5: The Crossing of the Sea
Week 6: Sinai
Week 7: The Book of the Covenant
Week 8: The Golden Calf
The Burning Bush – Discussion Questions
- What indications are there that different sources are combined in the Book of Exodus? Why is this important?
- Is Moses justified in killing the Egyptian?
- How does God respond to Moses’ request to know the divine name? How should
we understand the enigmatic phrase “I am who I am”?
- How important is social-economic liberation in the story of the Exodus?
- Is it legitimate to use this story as a paradigm for liberation for any people?
- How should we understand the morality of Moses killing the Egyptian in Exodus 2? How can we reconcile his actions with his role as the hero of the story?
- At the Burning Bush, God reveals God’s true name to Moses. How does what we call God shape how we understand or imagine God?
Create an account to enroll in our free courses, track your progress and take part in the discussion