Introduction to the Course
Week 1: Popularity Breeds Contempt
Week 2: What Kind of Kingdom?
Week 3: Jesus, Thou Art All Compassion
Week 4: Dense Disciples
Week 5: Who is He? Who are We?
Week 6: A Healthy Insomnia
Week 7: A Soldier's Epiphany
Week 8: The Empty Tomb Effect
The Empty Tomb Effect – Discussion Questions
- Why do Mary, Mary, and Salome make the trip to Jesus’ tomb on Sunday morning? What does this tell us about them?
- The end of Mark that appears after 16:8 in modern Bibles is not in our earliest manuscripts of the Gospel; they seem to have been added later by copyists. Why wouldn’t a copyist be satisfied by the ending of Mark at 16:8?
- Mark implies that an encounter with Jesus changed the feeble disciples into the heroic martyrs they later become. Has the presence of the living Christ impacted your life? How?
- The variety of resurrection stories indicates mystery. But the differences between the accounts of Jesus’ resurrection have caused some to doubt that Jesus rose. How do you understand the differences?
- How would you preach to an Easter congregation that had just heard Mark 16:1-8?
Create an account to enroll in our free courses, track your progress and take part in the discussion