Week 1: Introduction
Week 2: The Burning Bush
Week 3: The Plagues
Week 4: Passover
Week 5: The Crossing of the Sea
Week 6: Sinai
Week 7: The Book of the Covenant
Week 8: The Golden Calf
Sinai – Additional Resources
- Walter Brueggemann, “The Book of Exodus,” New Interpreter’s Bible (ed. L. Keck et al.; Nashville: Abingdon, 1994), 830-53.
- B. S. Childs, The Book of Exodus (Old Testament Library; Philadelphia: Westminster, 1974), 339-439.
- T. B. Dozeman, God on the Mountain (SBLMS 37; Atlanta: Scholars Press, 1989).
- J. D. Levenson, Sinai and Zion: An Entry into the Jewish Bible (Minneapolis: Winston, 1985) 15–86.
- W. Harrelson, The Ten Commandments and Human Rights (Macon, Ga.: Macon Univ. Press, 1997).
- B. D. Sommer, Revelation and Authority: Sinai in Jewish Scripture and Tradition (New Haven: Yale, 2014).
- P. D. Miller, The Ten Commandments (Louisville: Westminster, 2009)
Articles: (click to view)
- “The Ten Commandments” by William P. Brown
- “Searching for Biblical Mt. Sinai” by Bible History Daily
- “Ten Commandments” by Klaus-Peter Adam
Lectures: (click to view)
Art: (click to view)
- “Moses on Mount Sinai” by Jean-Léon Gérôme
- “Moses Provides Water” from the Dura Europos Synagogue
- “The Ten Commandments” in The Saint John’s Bible
Create an account to enroll in our free courses, track your progress and take part in the discussion