Week 1: Introduction
Week 2: The Burning Bush
Week 3: The Plagues
Week 4: Passover
Week 5: The Crossing of the Sea
Week 6: Sinai
Week 7: The Book of the Covenant
Week 8: The Golden Calf
Introduction to the Course – Additional Resources
- J. S. Baden, The Composition of the Pentateuch (Anchor Yale Bible Reference Library; New Haven: Yale University Press, 2009), 13–33.
- John J. Collins, Introduction to the Hebrew Bible (2nd edition; Minneapolis: Fortress, 2014), 109–142.
- Walter Brueggemann, “The Book of Exodus,” New Interpreter’s Bible (ed. L. Keck et al.; Nashville: Abingdon, 1994), 1.677-87.
Articles: (click to view)
- “Four Perspectives on Exodus” by Rachel Held Evans
- “A Post-Colonial Feminist Look at the Exodus” by Margot Stevenson
- “The Exodus: A Christian Egyptian Perspective” by The Rev. Dr. Safwat Marzouk
- “What the Heck Was Manna, Anyway?” by Lisa Bramen
Sermons: (click to view)
Lectures: (click to view)
YDS Old Testament Interpretation, Part 1 – Lecture 14, by Robert Wilson
Art: (click to view)
Create an account to enroll in our free courses, track your progress and take part in the discussion