Week 1: Introduction
Week 2: The Burning Bush
Week 3: The Plagues
Week 4: Passover
Week 5: The Crossing of the Sea
Week 6: Sinai
Week 7: The Book of the Covenant
Week 8: The Golden Calf
Book of the Covenant – Additional Resources
- W. Brueggemann, “The Book of Exodus,” The New Interpreter’s Bible (Nashville: Abingdon, 1994), 855-75.
- B. S. Childs, The Book of Exodus (Old Testament Library; Philadelphia: Westminster, 1974), 440-96.
- D. Patrick, Old Testament Law (Atlanta: John Knox, 1985) 63-96.
- R. Westbrook and B. Wells, Everyday Law in Biblical Israel: An Introduction (Louisville: Westminster, 2009).
- D. Wright, Inventing God’s Law: How the Covenant Code of the Bible Used and Revised the Laws of Hammurabbi (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2009).
Articles: (click to view)
- “The Book of the Covenant” by Biblical Training
- “The Connection Between Mesopotamian and Biblical Law” by Jennie Myers
- “Covenant in the Hebrew Bible” by Marvin A. Sweeney
- “The Code of Hammurabi” by Marc Van De Mieroop
Lectures: (click to view)
Sermons: (click to view)
Art: (click to view)
Create an account to enroll in our free courses, track your progress and take part in the discussion