Skip to content
Sarah – Discussion Questions
- Why does God rename Sarai and Abram? What effect does it have?
- Compare the two accounts of God’s promise to Sarah and Abraham being fulfilled (Genesis 16 and Genesis 21). What interests do the different authors have in their accounts?
- How is sexual fidelity understood in Sarah and Abraham’s story?
- Sarah deeply mistreats her enslaved servant Hagar throughout their story. Can we find a sympathetic reading of Sarah’s behavior? Should we?
- Sarah and Abraham think they are far too old to ever have a child, but they have Isaac anyway. When has God done something in your life that you thought was impossible?
- Does Sarah and Hagar’s relationship reveal anything about contemporary relationships between women with unequal amounts of power?