Week 1, Hebrew Bible: Sarah
Week 2, Hebrew Bible: Tamar
Week 3, Hebrew Bible: Women Warriors
Week 4, Hebrew Bible: The Woman of Valor
Week 5, New Testament: Mary, Mother of Jesus
Week 6, New Testament: Mary Magdalene
Week 7, New Testament: The Woman at the Well
Week 8, New Testament: The Whore of Babylon
Week 9, Theme: "Biblical Marriage"
Week 10, Theme: Sex and Desire
Week 11, Theme: Family
Week 12, Theme: Women in the Early Church
Sarah – Additional Resources
- Delores Williams, Sisters in the Wilderness: The Challenge of Womanist God-Talk (Maryknoll: Orbis, 2013).
- Renita J. Weems, “A Mistress, A Maid, and No Mercy” in Just a Sister Away (San Diego: Luramedia, 1988), 1–21.
Articles: (click to view)
- “Hagar” by the Rev. Dr. Wil Gafney
- “A Postcolonial Reading of Hagar: A Christian Egyptian Perspective” by Safwat Marzouk
- “Sarah in the Bible” by Rachael Gelfman Schultz
- “Why Is Sarah in the Bible So Inspiring?” by Dr. Julie Barrier
- “The Three Faces of Sarah” by Nechama Rubinstein
Sermons: (click to view)
Art: (click to view)
Create an account to enroll in our free courses, track your progress and take part in the discussion