Introduction to the Course
Week 1: Ancestry and Birth
Week 2: Sermon on the Mount
Week 3: Mighty Deeds
Week 4: Controversies and Parables
Week 5: Feeding the Hungry
Week 6: The Beloved Community
Week 7: Stories of the End
Week 8: Death and Resurrection
The Beloved Community – Additional Resources
- Bridget Illian, “Church Discipline and Forgiveness in Matthew 18:15-35” in Currents in Theology and Mission 37 (2010): 444-450.
- Armand Puig i Tàrrech, “The Glory on the Mountain: The Episode of the Transfiguration of Jesus” in New Testament Studies 58 (2012): 151-172.
- F. Scott Spencer, “Scripture, Hermeneutics, and Matthew’s Jesus” in Interpretation 64 (2010): 368-378.
Articles: (click to view)
- “Investing What Is Offered” by Kathryn Matthews
- “Pope Francis says church must welcome divorced, remarried Catholics” by David Gibson
- “Commentary on Matthew 18:1-9” by Elisabeth Johnson
- “Humility and Presence” by Fr. Richard Rohr, OFM
Art: (click to view)
- “Transfiguration” by Jesus Mafa from Art in the Christian Tradition, a project of the Vanderbilt Divinity Library, Nashville, TN
- “Entry of Christ into Jerusalem” by Wilhelm Morgner from Art in the Christian Tradition, a project of the Vanderbilt Divinity Library, Nashville, TN
- “The Saviour’s Transfiguration” by Theophanes the Greek
- “Let the little children come unto me” by Cheryl Morrice
Create an account to enroll in our free courses, track your progress and take part in the discussion