Introduction to the Course
Week 1: Popularity Breeds Contempt
Week 2: What Kind of Kingdom?
Week 3: Jesus, Thou Art All Compassion
Week 4: Dense Disciples
Week 5: Who is He? Who are We?
Week 6: A Healthy Insomnia
Week 7: A Soldier's Epiphany
Week 8: The Empty Tomb Effect
Thou Art All Compassion – Discussion Questions
- How do the characters in these healing stories exhibit their faith? What is Mark trying to teach its readers about faith?
- What is the relationship between power and mercy in Mark’s Gospel?
- How is Mark’s story of John the Baptist’s death similar to and different from that of Jesus’ death?
- The Gospel of Mark is full of miracles. How can we understand these stories in modern times? Do we need to reconcile the miracles with modern science?
- With whom do you identify in these healing stories – the fearful disciples, the distraught man, the insistent woman, the grieving father? Why?
Create an account to enroll in our free courses, track your progress and take part in the discussion