Skip to content
Thou Art All Compassion – Discussion Questions
- How do the characters in these healing stories exhibit their faith? What is Mark trying to teach its readers about faith?
- What is the relationship between power and mercy in Mark’s Gospel?
- How is Mark’s story of John the Baptist’s death similar to and different from that of Jesus’ death?
- The Gospel of Mark is full of miracles. How can we understand these stories in modern times? Do we need to reconcile the miracles with modern science?
- With whom do you identify in these healing stories – the fearful disciples, the distraught man, the insistent woman, the grieving father? Why?