Introduction to the Course
Week 1: Popularity Breeds Contempt
Week 2: What Kind of Kingdom?
Week 3: Jesus, Thou Art All Compassion
Week 4: Dense Disciples
Week 5: Who is He? Who are We?
Week 6: A Healthy Insomnia
Week 7: A Soldier's Epiphany
Week 8: The Empty Tomb Effect
Popularity Breeds Contempt – Additional Resources
- Joanna Dewey, “The Literary Structure of the Conflict Stories in Mark 2:1 – 3:6,” JBL 92 (1973), 394-401.
- John Vannorsdall, “Mainline Churches”, in William H. Willimon, Sermons in Duke Chapel: Voices from “A Great Towering Church” (Durham, NC: Duke University Press)
Outlines: (click to view)
- YBS Gospel of Mark Online Study with Rev. Dr. Allen Hilton, Week 1: Jesus Right On Time, September 21, 2020
- YBS Gospel of Mark Online Study with Rev. Dr. Allen Hilton, Week 2: Observing the Opposition, September 28, 2020
Articles: (click to view)
Videos: (click to view)
Podcasts: (click to view)
- YBS Gospel of Mark Study with Rev. Dr. Allen Hilton: “Jesus Right on Time”, Mark 1:1-15
- YBS Gospel of Mark Study with Rev. Dr. Allen Hilton: “Observing the Opposition”, Mark 1:16-3:34
Create an account to enroll in our free courses, track your progress and take part in the discussion