Introduction to the Course
Week 1: The Birth of the Anointed One
Week 2: Jesus Begins to Heal
Week 3: Jesus Begins to Teach
Week 4: Jesus Begins to Form a Community
Week 5: Jesus Teaches "On the Road"
Week 6: Lost and Found
Week 7: In Jerusalem
Week 8: The Passion and Resurrection
Jesus Begins to Heal – Additional Resources
- J. Severino Croatto, “Jesus, Prophet Like Elijah, and Prophet Teacher Like Moses in Luke Acts,” Journal of Biblical Literature 124 (2005), 451-65.
- John T. Carroll, “The God of Israel and the Salvation of the Nations,” in A. Andrew Das and Frank J. Matera, The Forgotten God: Perspectives on Biblical Theology (Louisville: Westminster/John Knox, 2002), 91-106.
Articles: (click to view)
- “Commentary on Luke 3:1-6” by David Lose
- “John the Baptist, the One Who Goes Before” by IVP New Testament Commentaries
- “John the Baptist” by Ian Werrett
- “John and Jesus: Mentor or Rival?” by Helen K. Bond
- “Villages of Galilee” by Eric M. Meyers
- “Jordan River” by Daniel Schowalter
- “Magic in the First-Century World” by Gideon Bohak