Skip to content
Jesus Begins to Heal – Discussion Questions
- Why is it so important to Luke to ground Jesus’ story in John the Baptist’s preaching?
- Satan tempts Jesus in three different ways. In each one, Jesus overcomes the temptation. What do we learn about Jesus’ abilities, identity, and mission from his defeat of Satan in each of these ways?
- What is the relationship between Jesus’ sermon in Luke 4 and Mary’s Magnificat in Luke 1?
- At the end of John the Baptist’s stringent criticisms and demands, Luke says: “So, with many other exhortations he proclaimed the good news to the people.” What is “good” about John’s teachings?
- Luke had no doubt that Satan was a spiritual being running something like a guerilla campaign against God. How do you understand the presence and power of evil in the world today?
- In Luke 5, Jesus implies that there is a strong connection between forgiveness and healing. In what ways do your own life and experiences confirm or challenge that?