Introduction to the Course
Week 1: Prologue
Week 2: Nicodemus
Week 3: Woman at the Well
Week 4: The Bread of Life
Week 5: Man Born Blind
Week 6: Lazarus
Week 7: The Last Supper
Week 8: Resurrection
The Bread of Life – Discussion Questions
Questions for Reading:
1. What do you make of the attitude of the crowds to Jesus and his miracles?
2. Are there significant differences between this account of the miracle stories and their parallels in the Synoptic gospels?
Questions for Discussion:
1. In what senses does Jesus become the “bread of life”?
2. Is there a tension between a metaphorical and a literal sense of “eating” him?
3. What kinds of community experience might lie behind the discourse?
Create an account to enroll in our free courses, track your progress and take part in the discussion