Week 1: What are the Psalms?
Week 2: Psalms of Complaint
Week 3: Hymns
Week 4: Royal Psalms
Week 5: Wisdom Psalms
Week 6: The Human Condition
Week 7: The Character of God
Week 8: The Psalms of Poetry
Wisdom Psalms – Discussion Questions
- What are the defining characteristics of a wisdom psalm?
- How is the Law/Torah understood in wisdom psalms?
- How is justice understood in the wisdom psalms? What is its relationship, if any, to the Law?
- Do the wisdom psalms teach that the Lord always rewards the righteous? Is it always in the same way?
- What does the psalmist in the wisdom psalms teach us to do in the face of adversity? Can we find similar lessons in the other wisdom literature (Job, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes)?
- The wisdom psalms seem to show that study itself is a form of worship or prayer. Is study part of your prayer practice? What other forms of prayer do you practice that might not “look like” prayer at first glance?
Create an account to enroll in our free courses, track your progress and take part in the discussion