Week 1: What are the Psalms?
Week 2: Psalms of Complaint
Week 3: Hymns
Week 4: Royal Psalms
Week 5: Wisdom Psalms
Week 6: The Human Condition
Week 7: The Character of God
Week 8: The Psalms of Poetry
Human Condition – Additional Resources
- Walter Brueggemann, “On ‘Being Human’ in the Psalms,” in Brown, ed., The Oxford Handbook of the Psalms, 515-28.
- Erhard Gerstenberger, Psalms, Part 1: With an Introduction to Cultic Poetry. Forms of the Old Testament Literature 14 (Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 1988).
- J. C. McCann, “The Book of Psalms,” New Interpreter’s Bible 4:641-1280.
- W. P. Brown, ed., The Oxford Handbook on the Psalms (New York: Oxford University Press, 2014).
- W. Brueggemann, The Psalms and the Life of Faith (Minneapolis: Fortress, 1995).
Create an account to enroll in our free courses, track your progress and take part in the discussion