Week 1: Introduction
Week 2: Creation
Week 3: The Garden of Eden
Week 4: The Flood
Week 5: The Call of Abraham
Week 6: Abraham and Isaac
Week 7: Jacob
Week 8: Joseph
Creation – Additional Resources
- Nahum M. Sarna, Understanding Genesis (New York: Schocken, 1966), 1–23.
- Phyllis A. Bird, “Male and Female He Created Them. Gen. 1:27b in the Context of the Priestly Account of Creation,” in Missing Persons and Mistaken Identities: Women and Gender in Ancient Israel (Minneapolis: Fortress, 1997) 123-54.
- Mark S. Smith, The Priestly Vision of Genesis 1 (Minneapolis: Fortress, 2010).
Articles: (click to view)
- “The First Creation (Gen 1:1-2:3)” by David Carr
- “Genesis 1: Genesis & Ancient Cosmic Geography” by Tim Mackie and Aeron Sullivan
- “Commentary on Genesis 1:1-2:4a” by Walter C. Bouzard
- “Can You Believe It? Genesis 1” by The Rev. Barbara Cawthorne Crafton
- “Searching for Sunday Excerpt: ‘Breath'” by Rachel Held Evans
Sermons: (click to view)
- “God of Creation, Jehovah-elohim” by The Rev. David R. Jennys
- “To Rest: Created in the Image of God” by The Rev. Dr. Janet H. Hunt
- “Creation: God’s Five Act Play” by Blair Pogue
Art: (click to view)
Create an account to enroll in our free courses, track your progress and take part in the discussion