Week 1: Introduction
Week 2: Creation
Week 3: The Garden of Eden
Week 4: The Flood
Week 5: The Call of Abraham
Week 6: Abraham and Isaac
Week 7: Jacob
Week 8: Joseph
Creation – Discussion Questions
- How do the many similarities with Babylonian creation stories affect our understanding of Genesis 1?
- How much of Genesis 1 should we use to determine our current worldview?
- Why do we tell creation stories? What larger cultural purpose do they serve?
- Dr. Baden mentioned “the impact of translation” in this week’s video. As you reflect on this problem, how do the word choices in your translation impact the way you envision the creation narrative?
- What do you think is the relationship between the science of creation and the story as recorded in Genesis? What problems, if any, does this present for your theological understanding of creation?
- The “Image of God” is a common phrase in many communities. How has your own imagined image of God changed throughout your life? Doe you agree with Dr. Collins that humanity represents God on Earth?
- Does Genesis 1 inform the way you view gender equality in modern life?
Create an account to enroll in our free courses, track your progress and take part in the discussion