Week 1: Introduction
Week 2: The Burning Bush
Week 3: The Plagues
Week 4: Passover
Week 5: The Crossing of the Sea
Week 6: Sinai
Week 7: The Book of the Covenant
Week 8: The Golden Calf
Passover – Discussion Questions
- How do we deal with the morality of God killing all the Egyptian first-born?
- What is the relationship of Passover and the Feast of Unleavened Bread?
- How does the text transform a one-time event into an annual occurrence?
- What is the importance of the repeated instruction to tell the Exodus story to one’s children?
- Are the citizens of Egypt a single oppressive force? Do they deserve the suffering inflicted upon them, particularly that of the final plague?
- In the passover story, the Israelites were told to mark their houses in order to receive God’s protection. What signals do you give, both to the world and to God, that you seek God’s love and protection?
- Many interpret Jesus’ death as parallel to the death of the lamb at passover. What does this connection tell us about Jesus’ death?
Create an account to enroll in our free courses, track your progress and take part in the discussion