Week 1: Introduction
Week 2: The Burning Bush
Week 3: The Plagues
Week 4: Passover
Week 5: The Crossing of the Sea
Week 6: Sinai
Week 7: The Book of the Covenant
Week 8: The Golden Calf
Crossing of the Sea – Additional Resources
- W. Brueggemann, “The Book of Exodus,” The New Interpreter’s Bible (Nashville: Abingdon, 1994), 790–809.
- B. S. Childs, The Book of Exodus (Old Testament Library; Philadelphia: Westminster, 1974), 215–53.
- J. S. Baden, The Composition of the Pentateuch (New Haven: Yale, 2012), 193–213.
- B. Batto, Slaying the Dragon (Louisville: Westminster, 1992), 102–52.
- F. M. Cross, Canaanite Myth and Hebrew Epic (Cambridge: Harvard Univ. Press, 1973), 112–44.
- T. B. Dozeman, God at War: Power in the Exodus Tradition (New York: Oxford Univ. Press, 1996).
Articles: (click to view)
Sermons: (click to view)
- “Exodus – The Cost and Promise of Liberation” by The Rev. Alison Quin
- “The Death of Evil upon the Seashore” by The Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “A Way out of No Way” by The Rev. Jane McBride
- ” Faith, Fear, and the Story of Nachshon and the Red Sea” by Stacey Zisook Robinson
Art: (click to view)
- “The Parting of the Red Sea” by Idahlia Stanley
- “Mosaic Depicting the Exodus” at Santa Maria Maggiore, Rome
- “Escape across the Red Sea” from the Golden Haggadah
Create an account to enroll in our free courses, track your progress and take part in the discussion