Skip to content
Women in the Early Church – Discussion Questions
- Why would the author of Acts be sure to name Mary, mother of Jesus in the list in Acts 1 when the rest of the women are unnamed?
- From the thin evidence in Acts and Romans 16, can we draw any conclusions about women in the early days of the church?
- Does the image of these women working alongside the men – offering patronage, teaching, and leadership – fit with your understanding of early Christianity?
- How should we interpret the Bible when it contradicts itself, such as Paul’s letters vs. the pastoral epistles?
- Where would you have been in the earliest days of the Church described by Paul and Acts?