Week 1: What is Wisdom Literature?
Week 2: Proverbial Wisdom
Week 3: Wisdom and Creation
Week 4: Wisdom and Women
Week 5: Ecclesiastes
Week 6: Job Prologue
Week 7: Job Dialogues
Week 8: Job and the Speeches from the Whirlwind
Wisdom and Creation – Discussion Questions
Questions for Discussion:
- What role does the “natural theology” of Proverbs play in contemporary belief?
- How should we take the presentation of wisdom as existing before or alongside Creation? How does this affect the way we traditionally imagine creation to have taken place?
- What does the feminine personification of wisdom and her place at God’s side do for your understanding of creation?
- Dr. Joel Baden says, “Wisdom herself, having existed since before the world, […] is inherent in the current order.” Is Wisdom viewed this way by Christian communities today?
- If we think of wisdom as antithetical to death, how do we explain the death of people we think of as wise or Godly?
Create an account to enroll in our free courses, track your progress and take part in the discussion