Introduction to the Course
Week 1: Prologue
Week 2: Nicodemus
Week 3: Woman at the Well
Week 4: The Bread of Life
Week 5: Man Born Blind
Week 6: Lazarus
Week 7: The Last Supper
Week 8: Resurrection
Nicodemus – Discussion Questions
Questions for Reading:
1. What do you make of the setting of the dialogue between Jesus and
2. Is there any significance to the description of Nicodemus as a teacher of Israel?
3. Where do the breaks in the chapter occur? When do we begin to hear the voice of the narrator?
4. What does the image of the “son of Man” likened to the serpent on the staff of Moses convey?
Questions for Discussion:
1. What is the role of misunderstanding between Jesus and Nicodemus?
2. What is the relationship between “water” and “spirit” in the discourse? How do these terms relate to other treatments of “water” and “spirit” in the gospel?
Create an account to enroll in our free courses, track your progress and take part in the discussion