Introduction to the Course
Week 1: Prologue
Week 2: Nicodemus
Week 3: Woman at the Well
Week 4: The Bread of Life
Week 5: Man Born Blind
Week 6: Lazarus
Week 7: The Last Supper
Week 8: Resurrection
Lazarus – Discussion Questions
Questions for Reading:
1. Is there a progressive understanding on Martha’s part in her dialogue with Jesus?
2. What does this gospel mean when it talks about the glory of God?
3. What is the role of “the Jews” in this story? Are they presented more sympathetically here than in the story of the man born blind, for example?
Questions for Discussion:
1. Do Mary and Martha represent two different responses to Jesus? If so how do they differ?
2. In this passage, Jesus displays considerable emotion. How does that affect your understanding of his character in this gospel?
3. What finally does “resurrection” mean in the eyes of John? Is it primarily a future hope or a contemporary experience?
Create an account to enroll in our free courses, track your progress and take part in the discussion