Week 1: Introduction
Week 2: Creation
Week 3: The Garden of Eden
Week 4: The Flood
Week 5: The Call of Abraham
Week 6: Abraham and Isaac
Week 7: Jacob
Week 8: Joseph
The Call of Abraham – Discussion Questions
- Why is Abraham (and his offspring) chosen out of all of humanity? How does the rationale for Abraham’s election matter for our own notions of being “chosen”?
- What are the obligations of the divine promise, both for Israel/us and for God?
- When we read all three of the calls together, Genesis 12, 15, and 17, what do we gain from this combination that we would be missing were there only one such passage?
- What are the values and characteristics of the people in your life you would call a “blessing?” How do those compare with the language of Abraham being a blessing in the biblical text?
- In Genesis 15:6, why does it matter that Abraham believes God’s promise despite the fact that the promise appears impossible? What role does this type of faith in God play in your life?
- God promises to make Abraham a great nation. Now that people read the Bible all over the world, how should we read the promise to Abraham?
Create an account to enroll in our free courses, track your progress and take part in the discussion