Week 1: Introduction
Week 2: Creation
Week 3: The Garden of Eden
Week 4: The Flood
Week 5: The Call of Abraham
Week 6: Abraham and Isaac
Week 7: Jacob
Week 8: Joseph
Garden of Eden – Discussion Questions
- What are the ways in which the story of the Garden of Eden incompatible with Genesis 1?
- How defensible are the traditional interpretations of this story as the “Fall of Man”? How much culpability does Eve have in the biblical account?
- In the end, should we understand the decision to eat from the tree to be a good thing or a bad thing? What does the Bible seem to think about this?
- In what ways is Genesis 2’s depiction of gender relations between Adam and Eve different from that of Genesis 1? How might favoring one or the other affect the way we understand gender today?
- Dr. Collins notes the deterioration in Adam and Eve’s quality of life after their disobedience. What role have obedience and disobedience played in your life, and how does that affect your understanding of Adam and Eve’s actions?
- What does this creation story teach about human’s relationship to animals and the created earth? How might this affect our choices in daily life?
Comment below or engage with fellow learners in the forum to discuss these topics.
Create an account to enroll in our free courses, track your progress and take part in the discussion