Community

Notifications

SAVE THE DATE! A Free Webinar on the History of the Easter and Passover Holidays  

Kelly Morrissey
Yale Bible Study Staff

The spring holidays of Passover and Easter have been intertwined since the earliest periods of Christianity. Each represents the defining event of Judaism and Christianity, respectively: the Exodus from Egypt and the resurrection of Jesus.

YDS Professor Joel Baden and Berkeley Divinity School Dean Andrew McGowan have created a 4-week Yale Bible Study course on the biblical origins of the two holidays. We encourage you to take advantage of this free study in the weeks approaching Passover and Easter, and then join them for a webinar on Tuesday, April 13 at 12:00pm where they will discuss how Easter grew out of Passover and how these observances have changed over the centuries. Don’t miss this opportunity to ask the experts your questions about the relationship between these ancient holidays. The webinar is offered free of charge and you can register here.

8 Replies
Paula Wright
Registered

Thank you!

patricia bender
Registered

Greetings,

I would be very interested in signing up for this web class.  Please advise.

Thank you Pat Bender

2 Replies
Megan Lukens
Yale Bible Study Staff

Kelly Morrissey
Yale Bible Study Staff

@werner6767 - you can sign up here: Registration

Dr Isaiah Otis Reid JD Law Student

Thanks so much looking forward.

Joanne Seaberg
Registered

I haven't been able to sign in for the Easter/Passover seminar. I am registered. I saw the screen for a moment then it said it was terminated by the host. I am disappointed and hope I can see future seminars. Will this one be recorded so I may view it? Thank You, Joanne Seaberg

2 Replies
Megan Lukens
Yale Bible Study Staff

@joanne We are so sorry to hear that. We have recorded the webinar and will send out the recording later this week or first thing next week.

Megan Lukens
Yale Bible Study Staff

@joanne We are so sorry to hear that. We have recorded the webinar and will send out the recording later this week or first thing next week.

Share:
Yale Bible Study